Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh, make me over...

Today I began my new life. Which sounds like a really dramatic way to say "I started beauty school" but it's not actually dramatic, just true. Since I graduated from college in 1997 I have worked at one job or another or another or another as a waiterretailclerkqualityassurancetesterofficmanager and dealt with the dissatisfaction that all the iterations of that life can bring. Today I began my first day of schooling to change what I do with my professional life and it fucking rocked. Seriously, even going over the student manual was engaging. I can't believe I get to spend this year learning and learning and learning all of this new stuff. I feel really lucky and excited and intimidated and giddy and thrilled.

And tired, good lord. I was sick all last week and this weekend with a cold-turned-sinus infection and last night I could hardly fall asleep on time due to nerves and excitement. Thankfully orientation day was fairly low-impact and I had a wonderful appointment with my acupuncturist afterward and she loaded me up with natural remedies and gave me a good, long needling session. In my extra-budgeted life this year I really want to make my splurges on these kinds of things as opposed to meals out or cute clothes, which we all know I love. I'm gonna be around students and teachers and clients all the time so I'd rather splash out on wellness and preventative treatments than frivolous crap. That said, if anyone wants to gift me with an iPod Nano or something (my old iPod died a sad death a few months back) to make the bus rides more joyful, I would not be all pious and say no to it. Also, I actually don't expect anyone to buy me that. Maybe just Jesus.

I have a feeling I won't be on here or other interweb places nearly as much this year since I won't have any time/access at school. But I actually don't think that's bad in any way. And this is secretly my favorite "beauty" song there is, no matter how cheesy that may be. Do you think Courtney even remembers being this Courtney?

3 Comments:

At 1/13/2009 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thrilled for you, and know you will excel at this. Knock em dead :)

Deep Bows
Vince

 
At 1/13/2009 9:54 AM , Blogger Miss Janey said...

Best wishes on your new career. Miss J SO wishes Ladyman could cut her hair!

 
At 1/14/2009 3:50 PM , Blogger sludge_feast said...

courtney love is my myspace friend. trust me, she remembers this song, as she posts bulletins about hole "remixes" from "live through this" and "celebrity skin" ALL THE TIME. god knows her current career is equivalent to a zit on the ass.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home