Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Maybe tomorrow, maybe someday..."

I've been so busy between work and trying to get finances together for beauty school and trying not to let the tides of grieving for my Dad pull me under that I seem to neglect this blog more and more. I'll often push the button to start a post and stare at the blank box with an equally blank mind. It's like there's so many things swirling around in my brain that I can't put anything down in a sensible way.

When this happens to me I tend to try and lose myself in music and let it wash over me, bringing some kind of succor. The song "Talk of the Town" by The Pretenders is my favorite song by them as well as one of my favorite songs, period. It's full of perfectly crafted pop brilliance and enough wistful melancholia to fill me with both a sense of longing and a feeling of being lifted up. So it's pretty perfect for right now.

1 Comments:

At 12/13/2008 10:52 AM , Blogger Michael C. said...

"Oh but it's hard to live by the rule; I never could and still never do."

I always loved this song a lot as well, and since I soured on the Pretenders back in the 90's, I haven't listened to Talk of the Town for a very long time. It sure does bring back memories.

Of course that wistful melancholy is made doubly so watching the video and seeing half of the band who are no longer with us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home