Thursday, May 15, 2008

HOLY SHITBALLS, WE CAN GET MARRIED!!

Tears of joy as same-sex marriage advocates get the word

Thursday, May 15, 2008

(05-15) 11:23 PDT San Francisco - --

There were whoops of joys and hugs and tears among scores of gay rights advocates and same-sex couples this morning outside the California Supreme Court building in San Francisco as word spread that the justices had cleared the way for gay and lesbian marriages.

Geoff Kors, executive director of Equality California, a gay rights group, ran out of the building on McAllister Street and screamed, "We won!" just after the decision was released at 10 a.m. Many people unfurled California state flags with rainbow stripes sewn on across the bottom.

"This is an incredibly historic day," said Judy Appel, executive director of Our Families Coalition, who is raising two children with her partner in Berkeley. "I'm so thrilled, I'm so excited for what this means for my family and all Californians."

Dave Chandler, who along with his partner, Jeff Chandler, was a plaintiff in the case, said, "I'm just cheering the joy. I'm feeling the joy all over. I feel that our kids will be well-protected when we have all the rights, responsibilities and benefits that married couples enjoy. The state of California has renewed my hope."

He said his partner was at their San Mateo home watching their two children, ages 1 and 4. The couple was married on Valentine's Day 2004 at San Francisco City Hall, one of nearly 4,000 same-sex weddings that were later annulled by the state Supreme Court.

Stuart Gaffney hugged his partner and proclaimed, "We're going to be newlyweds after 21 years together."


Mind you, I most likely will never get married since I think marriage is insane-o and all I've ever seen it do is FAIL. But I totally think everyone deserves the right. WAY TO GO CALI, YOU FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!!

4 Comments:

At 5/15/2008 2:09 PM , Blogger SharondaKillroy said...

This is spoken like someone who is gonna cry and say yes to a future proposal!! XOXO

PS - you'd look cute in a ring!

PSS - http://youtube.com/watch?v=8jezqJ3dR4U

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qdyftJpxTVI

XO!

 
At 5/15/2008 2:14 PM , Blogger ohnochriso said...

OMG, I wanna be a guest on Phagz on 45!!

 
At 5/15/2008 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm taken Chriso, but I still love you. Hottest person in ex-boyfriends. Keep up the posts my friend.

 
At 5/15/2008 11:45 PM , Blogger ohnochriso said...

Oh, Anonymous, how you type!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home