Thursday, April 03, 2008

Super Ultra Wonder Fantastic

Anyone who has read this blog for even three seconds knows I love super hero comics books a wee bit too much. I always have since I was a kid and I've always been fascinated with the idea of super heroes and super powers. From mutants born with their abilities to heroes who gain them in a freak accident to an Amazon warrior imbued with them by the gods of her pantheon, I've always had daydreams and actual dreams of leading a super-powered life. And I know I'm not the only one.

So my question, dear readers, is this:

If you could have any super power, what would it be?


Answer in the comments!

4 Comments:

At 4/03/2008 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're all special just as we are.

But I would choose shapeshifting. And not to use in exaggerated ways. I would just like to alter my appearance gradually over time. I probably wouldn't even let anyone know I have the ability.

If that's a cop out... super strength. Yeah, it's trite, but it's empowering.

 
At 4/04/2008 4:02 AM , Blogger Michael C. said...

Heh - of course you knew I'd answer this one. There are a lot of powers I'd love to have, and I think it's a toss-up between the Invisible Woman's powers (to turn invisible, and project invisible force fields limited only by your imagination) and telekinesis (the ability to move things with your mind.)

How about you, Chris?

 
At 4/04/2008 10:51 AM , Blogger ohnochriso said...

Oooh, Sue Storm's powers are badass! I think she's recently been characterized as one of the most powerful people in the Marvel universe due to how versatile and powerful her force fields are.

I've pretty much always wanted telekinesis as a power because it's so cool and you can do so much with it. But lately I've wanted powers like Terra (RIP) from the 80s Teen Titans comic book. I think her powers were pretty amazing, especially the flying around on a rock thing. That totally implies a control over gravity which they needed to explore more.

So, yeah, either one of those would rock me.

 
At 4/16/2008 4:56 PM , Blogger Scot Colford said...

Flying. Duh. Next question. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home