Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pimping my band.

I decided to upload a different track off of In With to our Myspace page. It's the closing track on the album and Peter sings the lead vocal. He sat in his van for about 2 hours writing the lyrics before he recorded his vocals. It was one of a few moments of "writing in the studio" which was totally new for me and I think for all of us. I think the song is really pretty and I am kind of proud of us for being able to pull it off since it was only half-formed when we went in to record.

We also have a show coming up next Friday February 8th at The Red Devil Lounge. We're opening up for The Bruises for their CD release party and it should be a good time. They have been known to cover "In Your Room" by the Bangles and if they do at this show I want to come shake a tambourine with them or something. Anyways, come see us!

February 8th, 2008
The Red Devil Lounge
Doors 8pm, $7 for advance ticket purchases, $10 night of.
1655 Polk St. @ Clay, San Francisco
The Bruises(headliners)
The Hooks
Ex-Boyfriends (we open)

3 Comments:

At 1/31/2008 5:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that couldn't be Colin, but I didn't know whether it was you or Peter. That's actually one of my favorite songs on either of your albums. Both of the ending tracks are really good.

 
At 1/31/2008 8:48 AM , Blogger ohnochriso said...

I don't sing at all on the second album. I do a little "oooh" and "aaah" on the first one but I felt like JUST playing the drums on the newer stuff. I sang a ton in my old band and it gets really tiring after awhile to do both. I like being able to focus on my drumming 100%.

 
At 1/31/2008 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of vocal instrumentation, but I must say I prefer the lack of it on In With compared to the prevalence of it on Dear John. Plus the drum parts are nicer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home