Monday, March 12, 2007

Opinions & Observations

I saw The Queen this weekend. Two thoughts immediately came to me during the course of the film:

1) Helen Mirren is awesome. She's a fantastic actress and she is ridiculously gorgeous for a woman her age. Even when playing someone decidely un-gorgeous as HRH.

2) Worst. Job. Ever. I can complain all I want about the myriad of cruddy food service, retail and office jobs I have had in my lifetime. But I would not trade places with the Queen of England for anything. I'd have everyone beheaded out of pure irritation.

2 Comments:

At 3/13/2007 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you would, and with extreme malice. But then, you weren't brought up to it. As she said at the end, it's all she's ever known. What a bizarre tradition, when you think about it.

 
At 3/13/2007 12:26 PM , Blogger ohnochriso said...

It is all she's ever known but from what I have read and heard from experts she wasn't all that thrilled to get the title either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home