Saturday, October 13, 2007

"Everybody run, the homecoming queen's got a gun!!"

Y'all homos can keep your Lizas and your Chers and Barbaras and your Madonnas. Tonight I met one of my gay icons. That's right, I met the awesome, hilarious and dangerously hot Julie Brown!!!



She was performing at the Balls Out Ball for the SF Fog (mostly) gay rugby team. She sang "I Like 'Em Big & Stupid" (during which she sat on my lap for a second!!), her new song "I Wanna Be Gay" and the classic "Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun"!! And yeah, there was a bunch of rugby guys who did a "Full Monty" style strip tease after her performance but I'll tell you right now - she was the highlight of my night. She was super sweet about taking a pic with me - my friend Philip approached her because I got all shy. And then we chatted a little bit about YouTube, how weird it is when shitty TV shows get put on DVD while she's still struggling to get "Strip Mall" released. It was totally rad meeting her and I am all giddy about it still.

You can see the rest of the photos here. I got a little bit of video too which I will post soon. YAAAAAY!!!

1 Comments:

At 10/16/2007 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She rocks. You're so lucky!

"B-L...I don't know!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home