Friday, September 28, 2007

End of an era.

Good Vibrations is being sold. I think this is probably good for them in terms of keeping the business going. But it will be interesting to see what becomes of the existing stores and what the new ones will look like and be like.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about my two and a half years working there, but it's sad to see what was once a unique, small, worker-owned business get absorbed by some big company. Especially when they sometimes made bad decisions that helped to run them into the ground and make such a move necessary. I hope this new incarnation of GV still holds onto its ideals of education and sex positivity. As long as Carol Queen is still a huge part of it I know she won't let that kind of thing go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home